Drawing 1: Romantically Challenged Penguin

I drew this image when I was 16, and somehow I continue to reference it as my greatest artistic achievement, despite having drawn and painted many designs since then. At 16 years old, having never engaged in romantic activity of any capacity with another human, my teenage self often struggled with feelings of longing for an experience completely foreign and elusive.

Romantically speaking, 22 is an awkward age to be for a career driven single heterosexual male. I have neither the time nor the opportunity to meet and explore romantic relationships since most of my life is now spent enduring the demands of my job or catering to my own mental health. The desire for companionship comes in short, periodic phases followed by long stretches of contentedness with my independence.

I'm experimenting with Tinder these days, searching for romance by dipping a line in a pool, waiting for the perfect catch. Despite the app's popularity, I know of no successful relationships with Tinder origin. It seems like my best bet at the moment, but then again, thoughts of sacrificing the freedom of singleness make me wary of the commitment of monogamy.

I'm rambling, but then again it doesn't matter. These thoughts are for me, and I'm sure my target audience will be appreciative.

Bye for now,

Grayson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem 1: Scared beyond measure

Four Months